"Shelli reminds us that we are treating the mind, body, and soul of a unique person."
— Stephen Battista, MD, Cardiovascular Medicine
Shelli believes that our greatest virtues are born of our most turbulent times. Her message of determination, hope and resilience in the face of major obstacles is gaining traction with a wide audience. Her signature presentation, From Both Sides of the Bed and Beyond, resonates deeply with healthcare professionals and people managing serious health challenges. Her uplifting message also is readily embraced by broader audiences, including survivors’ groups, grief groups, students of leadership, corporations and nonprofits. (link to clients)
Blind since age 23, Shelli is living proof that what lies within us is more powerful than what lies behind us or in front of us. Her life experience as a type 1 diabetes patient, three-time organ recipient and multiple-cancer survivor is a testament to the strength of the human spirit.
Despite her health challenges, Shelli defines her life in terms of gifts and untapped potential – a life-lesson that central to her message. Professionally, she is the first blind person to become an RN in Minnesota, where she practiced for 30 years. She also holds the distinction of being an advance-practice energy therapist, a spiritual coach and a published author. (link to book)
Shelli’s personal, professional and spiritual journey gives audiences a unique perspective on how to garner courage while honoring the reality of their situation. Speaking with empathy and conviction, she helps them believe they are capable of tremendous things.
Shelli is known for delivering charismatic, informed, down-to-earth talks that enlighten and inspire. Tailoring her topic to the needs and interests of her audiences, she weaves real-life stories into every presentation. She ignites an instant, empathetic bond with her audiences by being authentic, vulnerable, and always keeping her sense of humor.
No matter the topic, Shelli effortlessly touches the heart, soul and spirit of those who hear her.
- Overcoming Adversity - "Forgiving the Past - Trusting the Future"
- Faith - "We've Lost Faith in Our Faith"
- Grief and Loss - "We Can Feel Invisible in Our Mourning"
- Goal Setting - "Reframing Beliefs"
- The Human Energy System as it Relates to Health and Spirituality
- Miracle Consciousness - "All Healing Begins with Self"
- The Intersection of Medicine and Holistic Practices
- How to Integrate Traditional Health Care with Spirituality
- The Soul, Death and Dying
- Out of Body Experiences
- Nursing conferences, holistic and traditional
- Medical conferences and meetings
- Cancer survivors
- Transplant recipients
- Holistic Psychology conferences
- Events for blind and vision impaired
- Diabetes family and patients
- Women’s groups
- Holistic conferences
- Spiritual conferences
- Community advocacy programs
- Drug and alcohol rehab programs
- Cardiac rehab programs
- Loss and Grief groups
- Fund raising campaigns